Thursday 26 June 2014

THE UNFAITHFUL SON


Whoever wants to come to equity must come with clean hands
But my iniquities has got me hanging that I can’t stand,
Washed in water, dug in sand
I was lost in the wind
The tide got me blind
The devil in me wins, now I'm so bound
I’m the unfaithful son, I look beyond the cloud.

The more I try to run from sin
The more iniquities encompass me.
The more I try to play holy
The strong man in me changes the story.
He takes me to the hill top
Shows me the goodies of the world.
Knowing I have an eye for good things
He lures me with sweet words.
Now I am bound, the devil in me wins
Yes I’m so silly, giving her a chance to swing

Every-time I ascend the mountain to ask for Mercy
He awaits my descend and play me up like Messi
He plays the mind game and makes me go back the same
Now all I can do is to cover my face in shame.
Every-time I leave your holy Alter
He let me goof and make me falter.
Every-time I leave your presence
My Sin multiplies in excess.
Now I'm losing communication
Because of my dirty and funny occasion
Occasion of my mind, occasion of my soul
Funny occasion (fornication) of my eyes,
Exorcise me Lord and make me whole

I’m drifting off, I need your communion
Take it over, take total dominion.
Am tired of living, yet afraid of dying
The clock is ticking and my heart keeps bleeding.
I lost my pen, my pad is lying fallow
I’ve lost my head, sin as got me swallowed
I’m back oh father; cast me not away any further
Without you I don’t know where to go
If you leave me I will lose total control.
Take me out of the world
Take the world out of me
Innumerable evil have surrounded me
They are more than hairs of my head
My heart faileth me, now I can’t move ahead
Give me a new heart, purge me of my sins
Shine your light Lord; take the darkness out of me

I am not perfect, that’s just an aspect.
Yes I have failed you,
A thousand time lord I have nailed you
Rising and falling shows am unfaithful
faithful father, Please be merciful
I kneel before thy thrown, take me as your own.
Sacrifice and offering thou did not desire
My burnt offering and sin offering has thou not require
I am the unfaithful son
You are a faithful father
I look up to the sun, to see your Glory ever.


 
Yommybishop………©June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment