Friday 7 March 2014

POST CARD FROM HEAVEN


Hi baby,
I got your note and understood the heavenly language that you wrote.
You are eager to be a part of my life so you can be able to stay alive.
I know you want to see me hold you in my hands and embrace you in all weather,
To carry and play with you so we can flock together like a birds feather.
I know you are eager for me to cuddle you,
Show you how to cross  life’s hurdles
And give you my total love in the boat that I paddle.
You want to call me your first love and make me your superstar;
For you to sit on my laps and together we look into the moonlight and the shinning stars.
I know the love you want is what I won’t share with no other
Even if people start talking, I won’t care to bother
I know you want to wake up everyday by my side,
Run into my hands when I’m back from site
And kiss you goodnight when you close your eyes.
I know you want me there when you are sick
And when your mama don’t know what else to pick.
I know you want me around to make you smile
And never to be too far off a mile.
For us to sing together and teach you the piano with the tonic sofa
For us to pray together, read the bible and the message of eternal order.

Sorry my girl that I delayed,
The situation around me is coming in a relay
I just have to keep on running so that in this game, I’m not outplayed.
The city I found myself is in a fast-forward,
I wake up very early to look onward to the business of the day so that I am not called a coward.
Rushing to the Bus stop is another challenge;
This is what I never experienced when I was in College;
With files on my hand and a tie on my neck,
I am always running into conductors’ bottle neck.
Getting in a bus is a rush, you have to fight your way through as you brush,
Put on an act that is not yours, Jet-Li or Bruce-Li, you just have to be really tough
So that you are not crushed.
You get to the office a minute after resumption,
Your boss go crazy, sending you to the church of Assumption,
Not knowing what else to do your faith is hanging in his decision
But you need to pay total attention and ask for God’s intervention,
Cos it’s  always an everyday occasion.
Going back home is another crazy hour. I feel so unlucky especially when it showers,
For I know I will spend in traffic another longer hour.
I always call on Baba God for more power, just to get it all over.
The flood in the West is overflowing, the militants in the East kidnapping
And the insurgency in the North keeps bombing.
My life is on a replay,
This is what happens to me everyday.

Sweetheart, please don’t be angry.
It’s just that I have not had time to locate my baby mama,
The one that you will call a sweet mother,
That in her belly your seed she will carry and my life-style she is ready to marry.
The ones I earlier met are in a hurry, though they love my style and swag
But they don’t like my long stories, they left messages that make me feel sorry,
But please daughter, you don’t have to worry
One day, I know I will find that lovely lady that will love you like I so do daily;
She that will love and appreciate me and call me baby and is not in anyway shady,
That I will plant you in her womb to bring you into this world called crazy
The woman that can satisfy all my curiosity so i don’t need chasing women around this mega city,
She that will spend every night in the bath tub with me naked
Singing the lazy song and later expect the arrival of our baby boy.

Oh my lovely daughter,
I believe this letter solves the puzzle why you are not yet with me.
The world we live in is so hard on me but I know you will soon smile at me.
I want you to know that I will be the best father
I wish to bring you in the 4th month so I can name you April
I want you to have the strength and power of an Aries,
So you can be strong and bright like your Daddy.
I hope you know I will spank you when you spill the milk
And chastise you when you waste the meal
But your mother and I will still shower you love and care
And for you we will always and forever be there.

Your Dad.
YommyBishop 
(LETTER TO MY UNBORN CHILD)

No comments:

Post a Comment